Images: JJ Williams
Dark match —
– Luke Menzies defeated Mansoor
Menzies won with an over-the-shoulder spinning slam.
NXT TV taping spoilers —
– Matt Riddle defeated Punishment Martinez
The crowd reacted well for Martinez, who was making his NXT television debut. He held his own with Riddle before getting caught in the Bromission.
After the match, Kassius Ohno showed up behind Riddle on the ramp and knocked him out as Riddle turned around.
– The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler) defeated Humberto Carrillo & Raul Mendoza
A flying knee off the ropes won it for The Forgotten Sons.
– NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler (w/ Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke) defeated Dakota Kai
Very good match here. Kai hit Baszler with everything she had before getting caught in the choke. The three Horsewomen attacked Kai after the match until Io Shirai made the save.
– There was an in-ring segment with Tommaso Ciampa, who was interrupted by Aleister Black. Black was about to invoke his title rematch for TakeOver: Phoenix before Johnny Gargano interrupted and said he wasn’t done with Black.
Ciampa instigated the two and said that maybe they should have been locked in that cage at TakeOver: WarGames II. Ciampa suggested that Black and Gargano have a cage match here at Full Sail. A Black Mass to Gargano missed, Gargano bailed, and Ciampa was wiped out with one by Black for good measure.
– EC3 defeated Bobby Fish (w/ The Undisputed Era)
EC3 used a roll-up to steal the win before Undisputed Era jumped him. Heavy Machinery made the save and cleaned house.
– Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch defeated The Mighty (Shane Thorne & Nick Miller)
This was a fast-paced match with them slugging it out before Lorcan and Burch put Thorne down with the DDT.
– Mia Yim defeated Reina Gonzalez
Yim hit Seoul Food to get the win.
– NXT North American Champion Ricochet defeated Tyler Breeze to retain his title
It had been announced that Ricochet would face a surprise opponent — and the place lit up for Breeze’s music. There were chants throughout for both wrestlers being gorgeous and finally the match being gorgeous. Ricochet retained with the Cradle Shock.
– Io Shirai & Dakota Kai defeated Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke
Shafir and Duke were making their NXT TV in-ring debuts here. Shafir was pinned after a moonsault from Shirai.
– Dominik Dijakovic defeated Aaron Mackey
Dijakovic picked up a decisive victory.
– Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) defeated an enhancement team
Undisputed Era were on the stage watching, so Heavy Machinery did a number on these two wrestlers.
– Matt Riddle defeated Kassius Ohno
They had an even back-and-forth match that Riddle won with the Bromission. He offered a fist bump to Ohno following the match. Ohno thought about it, backed away, and then finally returned to the ring to accept before throwing Riddle into the post and giving him a vicious ringside beating that included him using the stairs.
The crowd chanted “You suck” to the tune of Ohno’s music
– Jaxson Ryker defeated Mitch Taverna
They re-taped the finish to make sure Ryker won with a powerbomb.
– Bianca Belair defeated Lacey Evans, Mia Yim, and Io Shirai in a fatal four-way number one contender’s match
Belair is set to challenge for Baszler’s NXT Women’s Championship at TakeOver: Phoenix.
– NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era (Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong) defeated Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) to retain their titles
A hard-fought back-and-forth match that had plenty of time. O’Reilly and Strong survived everything Heavy Machinery had and stole the pin to retain.
– Johnny Gargano defeated Aleister Black in a steel cage match
Gargano ran out and attacked Black before the bell. They had a long, hard-fought match where they used the cage throughout, slamming and throwing each other into the walls. When it seemed like we were near the finish and Black was crawling to the cage door and Gargano was on top of the cage ready to escape, Ciampa ran down to slam the door into Black’s face.
Instead of escaping, Gargano returned to the ring and had a staredown with Ciampa as Black was laid out between them. When Black tried to pick himself up, they both ran in with knees as the “DIY” chants erupted from the crowd.
Ciampa did his slow wave goodbye as he exited the door and Gargano scored the pinfall victory.