WWE.com has published a feature titled, “The Ring of Honor influence: How one small wrestling company impacted WWE.”
Over the past 10 years, as more and more Ring of Honor alumni have found their way to the broad spotlight of Raw and SmackDown, there has been a noticeable shift in the wrestling style and type of stars that have risen to the top of WWE. But how did one company that never even aired on basic cable change sports-entertainment? We spoke with many of the men responsible to find out.
The article includes quotes from Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Colt Cabana and Gape Sapolsky, all of which have spent extensive time in Ring of Honor.
Among the topics discussed:
– How Ring of Honor was formed
– If ROH was trying to recreate ECW
– How each man ended up in ROH
– Describing the ROH style & who best represents it
– How ROH influenced WWE
* VIDEO: Ryback Competes In A Chicken Wing Eating Contest During The Super Bowl